1) It is my last day of holidays. On Monday I go back to work. *sobs piteously*
2) It's also exactly a year today since I, trembling with fear, posted my very first fanfic. Since then I have posted over 50 fics and 50 drabbles, written lots of meta, read even more meta, discussed old episodes, new comics, and various other shenanigans, got several dozen icons, and made quite a few friends on the other side of the world...
3) Out of the three cats I am well aquainted with, my parents' cat Rupert has the best purr, my sister's cat Max has the best will-you-pat-me-please meow, and Elf has the best oh-you're-patting-me-so-WELL stretch.
Must use my Science Lab Of DOOM to combine them all in one SuperCat.
4) For the first time in weeks, I have no dishes waiting to be washed, no dishes soaking in the sink, and no dishes in my drying rack. *feels very tidy and organised*
5) I love Killing Heidi
and all their music.
6) Everyone seems to be posting Fic I Wrote This Year posts. But, given #2, I'd just end up linking everyone to my fic list
, which is already fairly accessible...
7) My most popular post this year was on The Vegemite Effect
, with 65 comments.
(Interestingly enough, my second
most popular post was this one
(59 comments), in which I lamented the lack of Lemon Lime and Bitters drinks outside Australia. My flist seems to have a fascination with Aussie food...)
8) The friendships that last for ages are never the ones you expected to.
9) Somewhere over the course of this year, I've actually started liking herbal tea. Oh the shame!